Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Getting Settled In

Well, our last day in the hospital I tried to take some pictures to capture his newness. He is wearing the outfit that his daddy came home from the hospital in 30 years ago from the same pink palace. It's hard to believe that Lincoln was even smaller than him. I forget how tiny and fragile they are at first and how much they depend on you.


I love this picture. Ryan thinks the world of our new little one. He has also done a good job of making sure that Lincoln is getting the attention that he needs too. He is truly a great daddy.

We made it home and I have no pictures to commemorate the occasion because I was busy trying to not throw up in the car. I made the mistake of taking a pain pill before I left on an empty stomach and it did not settle well. I felt bad because Ryan was looking forward to bringing us all home and not one picture was snapped. Here is Madden once he was settled in. The ride home must have worn him out.



Later that night Nana, Pa, and G.G. came to visit. This is Madden's only great-grandparent that is still with us.

We did get settled in and he was very good that first night. He pretty much only cries when he is hungry, otherwise, he is pretty content just laying in his boppy or in your arms. We'll see how long that lasts.

4 comments:

Matt and Shannon said...

the picture of madden yawning is really cute :)

AshleyAnn said...

Great pictures Bopha! I can't wait to see him in person...

Kimberly said...

Oh Bopha he is absolutely beautiful!!!!
Your pictures are gorgeous as well. I'm soo thrilled for your new family of 4 and can't wait to hear more about Lincon's time as a big brother.

amanda torres said...

You are so incredibly blessed! What a handsome guy. How's Lincoln doing with baby brother?