Sunday, May 24, 2009

Welcome Baby Madden!

We have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new little one and he finally decided to make his appearance on Sunday night. After doing more walking than I have ever wanted to do 9 mths. pregnant, it all finally paid off. My water broke at about 3:15 on Sunday afternoon so we headed to the hospital after dropping Lincoln off with his Uncle Tommy. They verified that it was actually my water that broke and we got settled in. Here I am in my last pregnant pic and Ryan expressing his anxiousness about leaving here with another baby.


A few hours later, some potacin, and an epidural we were ready to push. After a bit of a struggle due to some broad shoulders and a bit of help from Dr. Sterling, Madden Lun Gambill joined the world at 9:00 pm. He weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. and was 20 inches long. He was a bit bigger than we all had expected. He outweighed his brother by exactly 1 lb. and was exactly 1 in. longer than him. I think he even beat the amount of hair Lincoln had.

Here's our 1st look at our new baby boy. I have to admit I thought he was pretty cute with those chubby cheeks.

This is his 1st picture with his mommy. Don't you just love how swollen you look.

I was absolutely exhausted so I actually took a nap while they had him down in the room getting him all cleaned up. It actually wasn't that long of a delivery but it felt like forever to me. In the end it was all worth it and we had a beautiful little boy who was wide-eyed from the minute he came out. It was late when we made it to a room so Lincoln wasn't able to come up and meet his brother. I am very interested to see what his reaction will be. We'll keep you posted!

1 comments:

Shalynn said...

I'm so glad everything went well and that everyone is home safe and sound! I love you guys!!