Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

April 18th was my dad's 67th birthday. Since he is gone, we try to always celebrate his birthday in a special way. My sister and my nephew were able to make it into town from Houston to join us. My mom made a traditional big lunch and we lit incense for him and sent him good wishes. We try to always talk to Lincoln about his Tha so that he won't forget what little time that he had with him. These events are good reminders.

After lunch we all ventured to Floral Haven to put spring flowers out on his grave. I do have a hard time going out there but I try hard around these important times. I always thought that I would visit often but it's harder for me to actually go there than I thought it would be.


The boys are singing happy birthday to him. It was very sweet and so sincere.


Here is me and my mom, this day was hard for her but having her grandsons around was helpful.

Although the day itself was dreary, it was a very nice day for our family. We got to celebrate the day our dad was brought into this world and not dwell on the day he left. We miss him dearly but I try to remember that he is up in Heaven watching over us.

2 comments:

Beam Family said...

And what a great legacy he has left behind!!

Shalynn said...

I can't imagine how proud he must be of you all! I know I am