Monday, July 5, 2010

A Tea Party for Baby Girl

I wasn't too sure about having another shower seeing as to how I just had one a year ago. Well, everyone agreed that since it was a girl I needed to at least have a small one. My bestie, Shay, decided to have it at Nibbles, a great little cafe/bakery at 81st & Memorial. The owner does a "high tea" which was the perfect theme for a girly baby shower.

Let me just tell you, it was wonderful and so much more than I could have asked for. Talk about a fun girly thing to do. The owner made all kinds of yummy things, like tea sandwiches, scones, and quiche.

Those strawberry pinwheels on the top were DELICIOUS!!

We drank from dainty little china teacups and the tea was served out beautiful blue teapots.

Best of all, was the mocha cake with mocha filling. I could have finished half of it by myself, which I may have by the time I finished off what I brought home.

It was really the perfect way to celebrate bringing a baby girl into this world, especially after seeing nothing but blue the past few years. Thank you so much to my dear friends and family that were able to make it out and for all the wonderful gifts. It's a good feeling to know how many people already love her even before she has made her appearance.

1 comments:

Drama Momma said...

I vote Shay as #1 baby shower hostess!!! Looks beautiful!!