Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Fourth of Fuly!

Lincoln was so excited about the 4th of Fuly (as he pronounced it). It actually took us a minute to decode exactly what he was talking about and why he kept calling it a birthday party. I kept telling him that just because we were having a party it wasn't anyone's birthday. Well, silly me, he pointed out it was America's birthday, man did that make me feel not smart. So, here a few pictures from our "birthday party".

Here's Lincoln with that lovely watermelon, maybe this will help put it's size into perspective.


Madden enjoying a piece of that juicy thing once it was cut open (at least for picture purposes only).


Everyone enjoying the fireworks, Madden was so cute in his little chair. He would gasp and point when he saw a big one.


Lincoln enjoying some snap and pops.


Madden loved the poppers too, he was stomping all over them. I tried to get a video but by the time I came back with it, his interest had waned, oh well.


Madden and daddy.


Cousins, kind of funny the variety of skin tones they are.


This is how the kiddos and Ryan celebrated America's birthday. They lined up a ton of sparklers, got them all lit, and then shouted "Happy Birthday, America".



I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July and all were safe. We only ended up with one punk burn this year, that's pretty good stats for our group of crazies.

1 comments:

Matt and Shannon said...

i love the updates and new picture on your blog. when i change my blog design soon, i might need to have you help me get mine fixed so it is that big as well.