Sunday, April 19, 2009

My 1st Practice Session with Lincoln

I borrowed my boss's beautifully landscaped backyard to practice taking some pictures of Lincoln. He had a wonderful time climbing up and down the rocks and chasing a bunny around the yard. I was a little disappointed because I realized about halfway through that my white balance was set for flourescent lighting and causing all my pictures to have a blue hue. I took Ashley's tip and just turned them into black and white or sepia. Here are a few of my favorites.

Lincoln heading down into the bottom part of the yard.

He was looking for a bunny rabbit that was hopping through the garden.


I think this one is my favorite. He looks like a little model with such a serious face. It makes me a little sad because he for sure does not look like a 2 year old.

This was also another one of my favorites but the color was ruined on it. It was so pretty because the tulips were bright red in the background. Oh well, lesson learned.

I'm sure that I will have more practice sessions to post later. Until then, I just keep on clicking away!

3 comments:

Shalynn said...

They're all awesome! Just think how much better and better they'll be getting! I'll be hiring you to take portraits of my furry kids soon!

Ashley said...

I love the last one and I find it especially funny that the only tip you posted that I shared had to do with fixing screwed up shots! Thanks :)

At least I know you learned more than that based on how great these pictures are!

amanda torres said...

The last one is my favorite!