Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

It's always a good day when you get to take the day off work to spend with your family. Ryan and I both took Monday off and headed out with Lincoln to Carmichael's pumpkin patch in Bixby. Activities like this get more fun the older that Lincoln gets. He was so awed by all the stacks of pumpkins that he wasn't quite sure what he was supposed to do.

It didn't take him long before he started picking up pumpkins and transferring them into different piles. It was kind of gross because he kept picking up the strays which were usually not stacked because they were rotten.

They had a hay maze that we kind of forced Lincoln to go through. It was pitch black inside and even though Ryan was holding him he was still screaming. I snapped some pictures in the dark and I can't believe this look of horror that I captured on his face. The things we put our kids through.

We of course had to feed all the goats. Thankfully, these were hungrier than the fair goats. He gets an attitude with animals and I'm not quite sure what he was telling this one. Looks like a threat to me.

This is Lincoln on Shadow. He loves horses and just kept saying "neigh-neigh" and "wee-haw".

Lincoln and mommy, I love my little man!

We finished up the activities with a hayride, Lincoln was not too impressed (let's just say it was one lap around a dirt track with fields as scenery).


We finally found ourselves a wheelbarrow and loaded up with a few pumpkins. We didn't get too many big ones because at .35 cents a pound, they added up quick. We decided we're in the wrong business.

Well, that's our pumpkin patch fun in a nutshell. I hope that all the rest of you get to go out and enjoy this cool fall weather and maybe some pumpkin fun too!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am a sucker for pumpkin patches! I would go every weekend in the fall if possible. Lincoln looks adorable!
BTW-I sooo hated missing the reunion and esp seeing you and everyone else! But have I mentioned that you haven't changed a bit! Maybe after this baby when we visit next we can get our kiddos together. I'm sure they would keep us entertained!

Ashley said...

I love the one of the two of you in front of the pumpkins...I wish I could get great pictures like that of me with my boys!

Jed & Carrie Sowell said...

Fun times!

The picture of you and Lincoln up close is precious!