Thursday, November 11, 2010

Halloween x 3

We had a fun but exhausting Halloween weekend. We ended up gong to 2 parties and then taking the kids out on Halloween. We did a lot of dressing up, which I love.

Friday night was a party at my boss's house. He pulls out all the stops-pony rides, balloon artists, pumpkin carving, smores, you name it, he had it. We were not a united front that night. Ryan was Don King and Madden was his boxer. I was Ursula and Harper was my Ariel (we won the costume contest). As you can see from the picture, Lincoln was Ironman.


Saturday night was our other annual Halloween party at Ryan's brother's house. We decided to get a little more themed and we rounded out the cast of The Little Mermaid with Ryan as King Triton and Madden as Sebastian. I am proud to say that I made everyone's costumes but my own which I borrowed.


Halloween came around and we met at my mom's house for some pre-trick or treating dinner. Lincoln had to throw a few energy bombs (no idea what Iron Man really calls them) at me so I could capture his true persona.


This was Madden's first time to trick or treat and since he doesn't really talk well he kind of just yelled 3 syllables at people. It worked and he got his candy. He only made it to a few houses though because he kept wanting to eat as he was collecting. It wasn't working out so well because he wasn't bothering to have us open the candy for him. We found 1/2 chewed up candy in the wrappers in his bucket when we got home, gross.


We had a good time, I love Halloween and I love dressing up as long as I have a great costume. I better start thinking about next year's costumes so I'm not trying to make them day of. Maybe next year we'll be KISS......


0 comments: