Monday, March 16, 2009

The Circus and Underwear

So, weekly blogging has escaped me. I say that I will try harder but I feel that it can really only get worse from here. As my 2 boys continue to grow (one making me more uncomfortable), my emotional, pregnant self almost gets teary thinking about how not so little Lincoln is getting. Here is our most recent picture of baby boy #2 (no, we have not yet decided on a name or to continue on the presidential theme). We are now almost a week into the 3rd trimester which means impending labor is near (I am mentally preparing myself). His profile shot is starting to look more and more like Lincoln's ultrasounds. I can't wait to see how this little guy is going to look.


We got to go to the Akdar Shrine Circus a few weeks back in the freezing cold temperatures. Lincoln had a good time. He had his face painted with a red and white OU. Why the lady felt that he needed glitter on it, I'm not so sure. But, I wasn't about to stop the eighty-year-old lady who was more than likely volunteering her time from glittering up my boy. Here you can see his face tat along with the glow sword that he kept wacking the girls in front of us with. It's a good thing they thought he was so cute because he was very much annoying them with his feet and sword.


We took my niece, Skylar, with us and they had a good time sharing popcorn, a seat, and light up toys.


Lincoln's newest infatuation is wearing socks on his hands as gloves.


As you can see, they provide for the utmost dexterity when working puzzles.


So, I've been keeping up with other friend's blogs and enviously reading about how their kids are potty training and wearing underwear. Lincoln has no interest whatsoever in really going on the potty. I found some Thomas underwear at Target (which I have within 3 miles of my house now, yeah!) that I thought might peak his interest. He immediately wanted to put them on. Maybe the problem is we've never showed him what you do with undies as you can see below.


We finally got him redirected and he was getting the idea of how to get them on.

Here he is showing of his big boy underwears (as he calls them). I thought to myself that this might be the key. We explained to him that he didn't want to pee-pee on Thomas. He shook his head in agreement and said "no pee on Thomas". Well, what's the next thing that he did, he looked down, strained a little, shivered, and said proudly, "I pee on Thomas" and laughed. Oh well, what do you do.

That is our current world in a nutshell. We will be leaving this Friday for San Antonio and we will both be taking a much needed week long break from our jobs. Hooray!

1 comments:

amanda torres said...

I like the presidential theme is great. How about Washington? Richard? James? There were lots of James presidents...or the BARACK...hee hee...

Good luck on the underwear!