Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow days

I'm not sure if the rest of you have noticed, but it is REALLY cold outside. At least I was able to enjoy the day with my sweet boy and my hubby. Let me back up just a little. We went to Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday to celebrate my nephew, Mason's, 4th birthday. That place was so crowded and I am still wondering how they manage to keep it clean. Way too many hands and fingers all over the soda fountain and salad bar. I forgot my camera so no pictures, sorry.

We went out Saturday night with our good friends Dave & Sarah. I love them because even though they don't have kids they always want to be able to include Lincoln in our plans (even though sometimes we'd rather not). I had to share this picture of Lincoln, the hair and the shirt, this needs no further explanation.


Okay, now back to today. We were fortunate enough to get to stay home and avoid all the bad streets. We decided to take Lincoln out and let him play in the snow for a little bit. I bundled him up in a 12-month snowsuit (it was all we had) and we set out. The suit was a little small but I hope that it kept him warm.


He loved the snow, so much in fact, I couldn't keep it out of his mouth. I just gave up and steered him away from anything that wasn't white.


Ryan and Lincoln decided to try sledding down our driveway. It didn't work out that well but I think that he had fun.


Here is a picture of the two of them. He was also enthralled with icicles and kept on wanting to eat them. I know, not the most sanitary, but I'm sure that we have all eaten them and we're still here.

I hope that everyone was able to enjoy a little of the snow. We actually ventured back out 8:00 p.m. at Lincoln's request. He brought us all our boots and asked that we put them on to go out in the snow. He was so cute that we couldn't resist and we all went out for about a whole 5 minutes. I will say that it was very pretty out because everything was covered in snow and it lit up the night. I am now definitely ready to get in bed and warm up so I will say goodnight and happy winter!

0 comments: