Monday, September 15, 2008

Blogging from...........Broken Arrow

I know that the next time I said that I would post that it would be with wonderful beach pictures. Well, things didn't quite work out as planned. Due to the mother nature, we will not be leaving for Cancun until tomorrow morning. I'm just thankful that we are still getting to go. Hurricane Ike really took it's toll on Houston. My sister lives in Friendswood and was evacuated last Thursday (she went straight to Cancun). She thinks that her house is okay and not flooded. Her husband's work place, on the other hand, had it's roof ripped right off. She won't be back until Saturday to be able to see if there was any damage so pray that there wasn't anything major.

We did still have a little weekend excitement, so I thought I could at least blog about Lincoln's first bowling experience. We went to our 2 nephews birthday party at Mickey's bowling alley. Just to fill you in, Ryan's brother and his sister both had boys on the same day (unplanned) and they were born on the actual 9/11. We won't ever forget the day they came into the world.

Okay, back to bowling. Lincoln loved it and stuck with it for a full game and wanted to keep going. We were having him use the ramp at first, but being the independent little one that he is, he didn't want to use and wanted to roll the ball. I'm not exactly sure how many balls we had to have retrieved because they would stop halfway down the lane.

Here is his first push-off (love that he would only do it with one finger).

Watching the ball roll down the lane.

Finally, the celebratory dance. He always cheered for himself after every bowl.

Now, this is what happened when we tried to make him use the ramp after he threw a fit because we were trying to help him roll it down the lane. I think we have hit the terrible almost 2's.

All in all, it was a good party with some very yummy chocolate cake balls that my sister-in-law made. She took a chocolate cake mix and baked it as directed. Then she mushed in a whole can of ready made chocolate icing. You make tightly packed balls (about ping pong ball size or smaller) and then dip the whole thing in chocolate. They were rich and delicious. I think you can also do it with about any cake and icing combo or use white choc to dip them in.

Speaking of terrible 2's, we have found that we have a very stubborn child. There are also some things that these days he just insists on. This morning at breakfast, he was adament that he wear this hat while he ate. Let me just tell you that he has never, ever worn this hat upon our request. I guess I just need to start preparing to pick my battles.

Well, we really are off to Cancun tomorrow, granted there are no more delays. Have a great week- Adios mi amigos!!

1 comments:

amanda torres said...

I'm so glad you still get to go!

Lincoln's little temper tantrum makes me feel so much better. For a while I thought I was the only one who had a 'devil child'. I could not for the life of me figure out where Mason learned such wretched screaming, but by golly he did. He and his behind got to know the wooden spoon very well.

Have fun in Cancun!